Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bring it on summer!

Now that St. Patrick's Day is officially over I have changed my background to summertime. Truth be told I don't really understand our joyful green holiday. The idea of my friend Lisa dressing up with green face paint and dancing around as a Leprechaun does bring me joy but eating green food, pinching people, drinking copious amounts of green beer, it just doesn't make sense to me. Why do we even celebrate St. Patrick's Day? To remind us that the Irish like to drink and they like the color green? It's a confusing holiday.

So I've moved us onto summertime. I don't know about ya'll but down here we have sunny skies and warm breezes. It's time to get outside and play at the park. I can't wait until my days are spent swimming with Beck and getting a tan. Scratch that. Sunburn. Nonetheless I am ready for the heat! Boo to cold weather.

To finish us off here's a picture of a squirrel in a canoe. Now didn't that just brighten your day?

*credit where credit is due, I totally ripped the picture off thebloggess.com Don't go there if you cry when people curse. Unless you cry from laughter, then you should go because the chick is hilarious.

2 comments:

Lisa/Scott said...

Yes! You mentioned me in your blog! I'm famous!!
Yeah nobody let me be a leprechaun so I just dressed in green warm ups and danced around that way. Not nearly as fun. I wanted to buy the green top hat and get a cane and paint my face, but nobody would let me. Jerks.
I don't really understand why we celebrate it either, except that it's another excuse to drink for people who like beer. If I drank, I think I could see the appeal.
Thank you for the squirrel in the canoe. Makes me smile.

Heidi said...

Well played with the squirrel card. Great minds think alike. ;)