My oldest child started Kindergarten. Here are some pictures of how excited he was.
I wish I had some after pictures. The poor kid hated it. He said his teacher yelled at him twice. He's so sensitive that I'm sure she just said his name and he thought she was yelling. He said day 2 wasn't very good either but she only yelled once so I think that's a step in the right direction. I wanted so badly for him to come home loving school. I think my expectations were too high. He'll adjust. I hope. Homeschooling just isn't for me so I guess it's sink or swim. It's amazing how painful it is to watch your kids grow up. These pregnancy hormones really aren't helping.
Speaking of baby time, we find out if the bean is a boy or girl in one week. Yay! We have a boy and a girl named picked out, but no I'm not telling you what they are. You'll just have to wait and see.
2 comments:
We are on day two of my youngest starting Kindergarten... Sending them away to school just never gets easier. At least it didn't for me.
Crystal hated kindergarten at first too. She would cry every time we left her and it broke my heart a little to just walk away and leave her there crying. She also wet her pants the first week and hey had to call me from the school to change her...which is NOT like her at all. She was intimidated by all the kids, she wasn't used to all the pushing and shoving at recess and her worst fear was that I would just forget to pick her up. By the third week or so she was over it, and by the end of the school year she loved school and was sad it was over. It just takes time.
Post a Comment