Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I have some great friends.

In lieu of my awesome week my friend Marissa lent me her sewing machine! How cool is that? She even showed me how to thread it which made it even better. This is what I made..

A Texas sized receiving blanket and matching burp cloths! (it may not look big, but it's folded and you're only seeing a quarter of it)


Isn't this material so cute?


I made 3 sets but the pirates are my favorite. I tried doing the burp clothes a couple of ways, but a long rectangle with a nice edge was not only the easiest way to do it but it looked the best too.


I also made a quick and easy headband and I love it.



In other friend news, my friend Shasta showed up today to bring me some surprises! She gave me some limeade so I could make margaritas tomorrow in honor of our infamous 1 year anniversary. I can't believe it's been a year since we were plowed down! She also brought me a king size reeses. Hooray for chocolate! The best part was she brought Beck a lego racer car. Which he loves and I loved putting it together. Fun surprises are the best!

Today I am very grateful for good friends.

4 comments:

J_la1009 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jac.que.line. said...

Awesome Job Ramsey! I have to get my other projects done so I can work on some fun stuff. Where did you get the pirate material? I love it!!

natalie said...

Holy wow, Ramsey! I so love that pirate fabric! Baby Rhys will be so thrilled!

Marissa said...

they look great Rams! So when do you want to do the next lesson?