Sunday, January 24, 2010

Shocking News!!!

I bet that grabbed your attention. For those of you who know me or have even stepped inside my humble abode you have probably noticed one thing.. I hate dusting. There, I said it. I hate it. I find it to be the most menial task there is. There's no point to it because once you dust, it'll just get dusty again in matter of minutes. It's an exercise in futility. Bless my husband because I know it drives him crazy yet he never says anything. Occasionally he'll get out a rag and dust off the tv or his video game consoles but he never complains. I seriously hit the jackpot with this guy. What starts to drive me crazy though is when our fan is actually off and you can see the huge amounts of dust on each blade. Gross. So, in an effort to make dusting more entertaining I decided to try something fun. I put socks on my hands and of course on Beck's hands too. He's at the fun age where he still wants to help without wanting anything in return. We sprayed some of that magic "dusting polish" on them and went to town. Of course we were rocking out to the best new album ever, Vampire Weekend (I can't thank you enough Drew!) and sure enough our apartment was dust free for .567 seconds. Oh well. We had fun, we rocked out, and I think Ben noticed when he got home. Oh who am I kidding, of course he noticed. How could you not when I'm busy saying, hey did you noticed I dusted? Did you see that we dusted? Did you see it? Did you look? What can I say, I like attention. I guess I know where Beck gets that from. :)



1 comment:

natalie said...

I'm just gonna say this: I hate housecleaning-period. You sure know how to make a grueling task fun!

So... I think i'm going to get the new Vampire Weekend album and rock out to it. :)