Saturday, October 25, 2008

Bro, I'm so ashamed. The fine young lady lost her mental health.



Today's class outline:

1:Ben Folds

2:Utah, and the joys therein

3:Brakes can stop your car

Please use a #2 pencil. The scantron will get jammed otherwise.

#1

Last Thursday Ramsey and I had a discussion about taking advantage of opportunities to go out and about. More specifically, about seeing touring artists when they are in the area.
One of the few musicians we can agree on is Ben Folds. Strangely enough, his concert with the symphony was the last concert we had been to. (Novemberish of 2006)



I told Ramsey that next time he came through we would be sure to go. Her response was that he had either been in town a few days earlier, or he would be in town in a few days. (she wasn't sure)
Of course, we found that he was coming the following day. Funny stroke of luck there were still tickets, so we went to go see him at a small venue called "the warehouse live".

Its capacity was about 1500 people. We arrived as they were selling the last 8 tickets. We were apprehensive because we assumed that we would be the old funny looking people at the show. We might have been the funny looking people, but we were no where near the oldest. Another funny stroke of luck, we were among the first people there (it was a gen admin show) so we ended up watching the entire concert from the front row. Pretty wild.



I wish I could recommend his new album. Or any of them really. I can assure you that if you don't already own a bunch of his music you probably won't like the new album. If you could imagine your favorite pop musician singing soft piano rock about his date doing lines at a Christmas party, and then proceeding to key a new beemer, then you probably already know what I am talking about. If not, this album would offend you and you would never talk to us again. And you would recommend us for a prompt disciplinary council.

Well, Im sleepy and bored. This might have been a one point lesson after all.
Class dismissed.

1 comment:

Lisa/Scott said...

Ramsey already recommended it to me, and I shared it with my husband, who also loves it. We've always liked Ben Folds too. We don't really grow out of going to concerts either, though I'm sure we were pretty old at some of them...we always get seats...we're too old to stand up and mosh these days lol.