A few months ago my "go" bag was stolen from a rental car I was driving. It contained among other things my work laptop, my passport, my camera, my sunglasses, and several hundred dollars worth of games and assorted travel gear.
That fun even was followed by me being sent to Louisiana for another month, and for the final kicker, hurricane Ike.
It was a trying time for all of us. I didn't get back into town until about 8 days after the storm, and we didn't get power back until about 3 days later.
I guess when it rains, it pours, both literally and figuratively.
Things are much better now. Our insurance surprised us both and covered a decent amount of our loss on the bag. This week I was able to take Tuesday through Friday off, and we have been able to replace some of my stolen goods.
At the same time, we have also been able to put some money away for a trip while paying down some debt. It's feast or famine in this house. On Saturday we will be headed to SLC for what is becoming our annual Oktoberfest Utah pilgrimage.
It is a rare treat for us to have so much time together at home. I don't think I have had more that 3 or 4 days off chained together in the last few years, so a full 2 weeks is something of a treat. One of the saving graces of my job is that I accrue time off while I am in-field.
We are looking forward to the trip, and I'm sure our next post will have more pictures than this one. Here is the homage to baby throwing man.

and here is x to the z, doing what he does best:
No comments:
Post a Comment