Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pictures

They always say a picture is worth 1000 words. I have no real desire to write 1000 words but I will show you a picture that says a lot.



To most people seeing an airplane is a moment of excitement. It means you're going on a trip, you're taking a vacation, you're off to do something fun and new. To my family it means that Ben is back on the road. It means I'm once again a single mom and my best friend is off to face the world alone. I often wonder how we've made it this long. This is a miserable way to live when you have a family. That's not to say I haven't been grateful for the employment and the lifestyle it's provided for us. In this day and age I'm grateful he's employed. I know others that have not fared so well. However, I still get lonely and sad when he leaves. So, to everyone who's reading this, if you don't mind, please say a quick prayer to whichever God you worship and ask Him to help us find something new. Help us find a job where Ben can stay home with his family and not live in a Holiday Inn. If it works I'll be sure to mail you all an awesome mixed cd. It's totally worth it.

3 comments:

Lisa/Scott said...

DONE.
My only taste of that is tax season every year, but it still blows. From the end of January the end of April I'm the single mom. It's also the time of year when we have the most friction because I get so angry at having to be alone and take care of our family by myself.
Anyway, I understand to a degree.
I will put you on my prayer roll. (Yes, I have a prayer roll of people I pray for).

jenica Helmstetler said...

Will do. Jake's schedule is always changing and I know how frustrating being a single parent can be.

Wendy said...

I'm sorry, Rams. I can only imagine how hard that must be. You're in my prayers.