Friday, March 11, 2011

I love artists

I truly do. I love that they create things merely to edify life around them. To me, there is nothing better than a beautiful photograph, a thought provoking piece of art, or a well written song. Today I will highlight 3 artists in my life and say thank you to them for sharing their craft with the world.

First is my brother Loggins. He is an amazing artist in Utah and his work has been showcased several times in different venues. You can see photos of his art here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Loggins-Merrill-Design/116147295730?sk=photos

The next is my friend Tyan. She is a local photographer and her work is amazing. I wish she could follow me around all day just to document my life. Not only would I have the best photos but it'd be entertaining as well because she is one of the nicest people I've ever met. You can see her art here:
http://tinybirdphotography.com/index2.php

Last, but not least, is my brother in law Drew. He has a band in Rexburg, ID and they've just finished their first cd. You can hear his art here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-Money/137234629665369

I have many other great artists in my life. Friends who can sew anything, more photographer friends (even more in my family! Carrie, I'm looking at you!) and countless other talents. I love and appreciate everything they do to enrich our lives. So, to all of you I say thank you. Thank you for sharing your talents with those of us less talented folk.

Your goal today is to hug an artist.

2 comments:

Tyan said...

Thanks Rams. You make my day. Just hearing anyone refer to me as an artist makes me feel humbled and grateful. I love that you are my friend.

Carrie said...

Thanks for the shoutout rams! hahaha