Friday, May 29, 2009

YES YOU CAN!!

Two posts in one day, can you believe it??

Okay, so I often read these fabulous blogs about saving $1928374930.00 in coupons and I always think to myself there's no way I could figure out all that lingo. Then I had a few friends who were actually save money here and there and I thought, well I might be able to do it. So I bought a paper filled with glorious coupons and I had my friend sit down with me and explain the whole Kroger double/triple deal. For those who don't know, here's the long and the short... Kroger will double or triple any coupon up to $1.00. It happens automatically! You just hand them over a 0.35 coupon and suddenly you end up with 1.05 off the price. Here's the beauty, our Kroger here on Rayford will take up to 3 coupons off one item. So let's say you have (3) 0.35 coupons... you hand them over and it automatically takes off 1.05 (.35 x 3 ) 3 times!! Are you with me so far? Here's a perfect example:

I had (3) 0.50 off coupons for Herbal Essence shampoo or conditioner. Kroger automatically doubled each coupon so essentially I had 3.00 off Herbal Essence shampoo. Right now their shampoo is on sale for $3.69 so in the end I paid .69 for shampoo!!

So I know a lot of you out there already understand all this couponing mumbo jumbo for those of you who are still on the fence thinking, am I really going to save money? Is it really worth the time and effort? Can I really figure this out?? The answer is YES YOU CAN!! Trust me, if I can do it you can too! Plus, who doesn't like to save a few bucks here and there?

Here's a visual of my awesome new skills at work:



I bought all this for only $33 bucks!! I wanted to list everything just to make sure you got it but this post seems long enough already. :) So everyone, go cut out a coupon and smile as you save your pennies.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

My roommate's mom is like a total expert at this. She helps with a website: www.pinchingyourpennies.com
She pretty much never pays for groceries free all the time. We just got like 40 boxes of oatmeal from her a couple of months ago and she only payed like 25 cents a box. And it was the good oatmeal too! Dino Eggs! I know she gets tons of baby stuff for free too. :)

Wendy said...

That's awesome! I always tell myself I'm going to do that but I never do...after seeing your results I'll have to try it now!

Lisa/Scott said...

I need to show this to Scott and let him figure it out. My ADD can't handle figuring it out. I'm not kidding...I'm getting tested for adult ADD and it look like I have it. Explains a lot.

Aaron & Amy Norton said...

i'm in that fence zone...i save a little but didn't know about the double/triple dipping, i could use more advice, and i do shop at smiths so your kroger talk inticed me!