
While pondering on the great life of my Grandpa my heart is full of happiness on the life he lived. The first thing that rings into my head is his voice calling to me... "Harvest! .... Uh, Heather!! ... ... Ramsey!!" ha ha ha. I don't know if anyone else will ever confuse me with those names. I remember being younger and thinking that I was awesome at the game Uno. It was only later that I found out that Grandpa was color blind and didn't really know the rules of the game. Inevitably my thoughts turn to the house in Smithfield and work. I don't remember a time when we were out there and we didn't work. He always had some project going on that we could help out with. You didn't know what hard work really meant until you spent some time with Grandpa. In the end we were always rewarded with some great food from Grandma. Grandpa had a great sense of humor. Although all his stories ended in someone saying, "say honest!" and him saying something like, "well... okay, maybe the snake wasn't THAT long" you always knew that when Grandpa sat down to tell you something you'd be entertained. So all in all I can say that my Grandpa worked hard and he loved his family. What more of a legacy could you want to leave behind? I'm proud to have Merrill blood running through me and it's because Grandpa Merrill was someone to be proud of.
*Thanks for letting me take the photo from your blog Regina*
5 comments:
I totally agree. I really miss his sense of humor. I always laughed with Grandpa. I miss him. I am grateful we can see him again at some point in some place.
I enjoyed reading your thoughts. Im sorry Im not home, and I'm sorry you can't be there.
I am sorry to hear your Grandpa passed away. He sounds like a great man.
I know I already told you, but I'm sorry for your loss. It's good to write down your thoughts and feelings though so that you can share them with Beck when he's old enough to wonder about his Great Grandfather.
I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you're doing okay. It's also a comfort to know you will see him again some day.
Post a Comment