Friday, October 26, 2007
Fixing a cold
Whenever I get a cold and get all stuffy my dad gives me some advice. It's the same advice he's given me since I was little and that is to take a hot shower and "hack it out". Well Beck had been fighting a cold for over a week. Poor little guy had a stuffy nose and a cough and I wasn't sure what to do. Since they took all the cold medicine for babies off the shelves right in time for cold season, I knew I'd have to go another route. So the wise words of my father rang in my head, take a hot shower and hack it out. Although Beck can't hack, the hot shower worked wonders! He loved it and so did I. Afterwards I rubbed vicks baby vapor rub on him and he started sleeping better and now he's almost 100% back in the game. So if your little ones get sick I suggest trying that trick!! It's worked in our family for 3 generations now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great method! I'll have to remember it...another good method are humidifiers. They were my best friend whenever crystal got sick. Supposedly babies can get up to 20 colds their first year alone since they're so new to this diseased world...but I only remember crystal getting maybe three or four since I've had her, which has almost been 2 years now. Doc's say that most of them are minor and that you just have to wait it out. Maybe they were so minor I only noticed the 3 or 4 bad ones. Also Infant's motrin does wonders for fever, body ache, and teething because it can last up to 8 hours. I don't think that's off the shelves, but beck might still be too small to take it. I think crystal could only take it when she was over 6 months old.
Post a Comment